Greenville may be the best possible location in downstate Illinois for a business to locate – a bold statement to be sure, but one which proves out when the facts about Howard M. Wolf Business Park are checked out. Greenville’s unique development venture has been specifically designed for warehouse/distribution, office and manufacturing businesses.
The park is 205 acres, with all utilities and a rail spur linking it directly to Conrails’ east-west main line. Interstate 70 is one mile from the park via Illinois Rt. 127. Financial incentives include property tax abatements, sales tax exemptions, tax credits and low interest financing programs.
In a unique partnership with Agracel, Inc., the city of Greenville has constructed a 40,000 square foot Spec Building in Wolf Business Park.
For more information, contact Greenville City Manager Jim Stevens at 618-664-1644.
The park’s first tenant is United Stationers Supply Company’s Midwest distribution center. United Stationers selected a 30-acre site in this park to build its 210,000 square foot regional center because Greenville is located in the heart of the firm’s market area and offers superior access to all major Midwest transportation networks. There are 175 acres remaining in the Howard M. Wolf Business Park, fully served with all utilities and immediately available for development.
When it comes to services, Greenville officials have done their economic development homework to create a warm welcome for potential developers. They obtained extensive financial assistance and cooperation from State and Federal agencies to provide the Howard M. Wolf Business Park with complete public facilities designed to meet the long term growth needs of new industry.
- I-70 is 1 mile south, via Illinois Rt. 127
- I-70 west goes directly to St. Louis (45 miles) and Kansas City (300 miles)
- I-70 east goes directly to Indianapolis (190 miles)
- I-70 also connects to North-South Interstates 55 and 57 and East-West Interstate 64 all within one hours drive.
- I-55 and I-64 are 35 miles north and south respectively from Greenville via Illinois Rt. 127
Rail and Air Service:
The Illinois Western Railroad Company spurs within the Howard M. Wolf Business Park connects to the Conrail main line with direct access to St. Louis Lambert St. Louis International Airport is one hour from Greenville via I-70. Greenville Airport, a general aviation airport, has a 4,200′ bituminous runway.
Many financial advantages for companies are available at the city’s business park, which is located in a State of Illinois designated Enterprise Zone. City officials have set up a one-stop building and zoning permit procedure to save valuable time for site locators and prospective developers.
Greenville Enterprise Zone Incentives:
- 100% property tax abatement on assessed value of improvements for seven years.
- 6 1/4% sales tax exemption on building materials used for construction
- 1% state income tax investment credit for machinery, equipment and buildings
- $500 jobs tax credit for each eligible employee
- Low interest financing programs
- Employee training financial assistance
- One stop building and zoning permit processing
- Maximum development assistance by qualified staff.
Additional Incentives For Projects Creating A Minimum of 200 Jobs:
- 5% state sales tax exemption on personal property used or consumed within the zone
- 5% utility tax exemption on natural gas, electricity and messages
- 5% state sales tax exemption on personal property used or consumed in the operation of pollution control facilities
- Deduction from state income tax on dividends paid by firms in the zone.
The City of Greenville operates its own water and wastewater treatment plants in full compliance with Federal and State EPA regulations. The site is served by a 14″ water main and an 18″ sewer main. Illinois Power Company supplies electric and natural gas service to the City of Greenville. A 34.5 KV electric line and 370 PSI gas distribution main provide service to the Business Park. State-of-the-art fiber optics cable serve the communication needs of the park. All utility rates are highly competitive to other areas.
Greenville is home to Greenville College, a four year liberal arts facility. Greenville also features an excellent school system, a park district, golf course and much more. Utlaut Memorial Hospital serves the medical needs of the community.
About Greenville Illinois
The Best of Both Worlds. Greenville is a small town with big city accessibility. Greenville enjoys a rural agricultural environment, with rural values and rural life style. The City is within an hour’s drive of the St. Louis Metropolitan Area. Greenville is the County seat of Bond County; the home of Greenville College, a four year private college; and the location of seven major manufacturing and distribution companies, including the amazon listing optimization service company. A location just outside of a major metropolitan area coupled with superior highway, rail, and air transportation have make Greenville a prime location for new manufacturing and distribution facilities. In addition, the area has a well educated, easily trainable work force that is productive and dependable.
For more information, contact Greenville City Manager Jim Stevens
at 618-664-1644 or write to: 404 South Third, Greenville, IL 62246